Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Empty Envelope Has A Story


One of my favorite Etsy sellers is The Empty Envelope.Here is what she says about her shop:
"Welcome to The Empty Envelope! Where lost things are found, mysteries are made and unraveled, and creativity is sent.
I blog about my adventures finding things at http://www.theemptyenvelope.blogspot.com.

My name is Pamela. I have been a crafter for many years now. I also enjoy finding strange or unusual things.

When I was in high school, I started scouring thrift shops for vintage clothes. Almost all my favorite shows were either on Nick at Nite (Dick Van Dyke Show, Mary Tyler Moore Show, I Love Lucy, Dragnet, the Monkees) or set in an earlier time period (Adventures of Young Indiana Jones, Road to Avonlea, Wonder Years). I love to research things and enjoy trying to date the items I find.

I also have Amazing Sensory Abilities;). I 'think in pictures' and remember quite a bit. Makes it incredibly handy when looking at items to put up in the shop. I can remember how clothes I wore growing up felt, what the sky looked like a certain year, what eras have come back in what years...Not only that, I'm also very touchy feely and have always touched ceramics, etc that I have come into contact with. I remember what they feel like and how they've changed over the years."



Her story is about the dreaded traffic ticket.Almost all of us has gotten one or more in out time.Well some people have had quite a surprise,,, She shared this as a response to the post about the police investigating the girl in the UK who might have been a ghost.

" ...I don't know what to think. It sounds like the phantom police officer in St Paul, MN who gives out tickets.

When the people get to court, they find out the officer has been dead for many many years.

So much is subject to what the person is actually seeing/experiencing too."

Some of her work is in the video .Visit the shop for more,
http://theemptyenvelope.etsy.com

2 comments:

Pam said...

Oh thank you so much!!! I am just thrilled to be featured on your wonderful blog!!!!!!

UniqueNurseGranny said...

You are welcome.You have given me a lot of support here...