Thursday, January 29, 2009
Could It Be SHC?
Although it is not very comfortable a subject.Causes of Spontaneous Human Combustion remain a mystery.This was in the news on WRAL.com our local TV channel in a new section about unusual events"
"KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Investigators are baffled as to how a man suffered second- and third-degree burns inside his apartment - even though the only sign of a fire was a candle in the bathroom. Knoxville Fire Department crews found the 56-year-old victim inside his apartment bathroom Monday afternoon with third-degree burns to his face and second-degree burns to his hands.
Officials say they knocked on the door of the unit at Cagle Terrace Apartments, and went inside when they heard someone moaning.
The man, who was not identified, was later taken to a burn center for treatment.
Fire officials say their investigation is ongoing."
My original post on SHC was in November:
This is one of the sources for it: