Monday, December 20, 2010

PHANTOM CHRISTMAS LIGHTS



Stephen Wagner shared this story on About Paranormal another for The Count Down To Christmas.

"In the early morning hours of December 6, 2009 I saw something very strange. I wake up a lot throughout the night because I have a toddler to check on, and I was also six months pregnant and needed to use the restroom frequently.

That night I initially awoke because there was a lot of light coming in from the windows at the back of the house. As soon as I realized I was awake, I went to the nearest window and looked outside to see why it was so bright outside.

About 400 yards behind my house is a very large hill that juts up steeply out of the surrounding flat landscape. We live in the Nevada desert, so even though it is a long distance, there isn't much to obstruct my view. Halfway up the hill is a single house. It is the only house for several hundred yards around it. At the foot of the hill is a retaining wall, and as I gazed out my window during the wee hours of the morning, it looked as though there was a group of people busily putting up gold Christmas lights along the wall. I thought they were a little strange to be putting Christmas lights up in the middle of the night, but then I reasoned that maybe they worked nights or something and were used to the odd hours.

I left the window, checked on my toddler, then went to the restroom. After 5 to 10 minutes, I came back to the window and watched them work some more. They were quite a distance away and I couldn't see a lot of details, but it appeared that they were making quick progress and I watched them for several more minutes, puzzling a little that someone must be very dedicated to Christmas to put lights up so late.

Eventually, I went back to bed, putting a sleeping mask on to block out the light streaming in from the window. It didn't take long before I fell back to sleep.

The next morning I immediately looked out the window to see how the project finished. From my vantage point, in the light of day, I couldn't see anything. I decided maybe it was too far away to see lights that had been hung but weren't actually lit, so I decided I should wait for nightfall when the lights would be lit again.

Well, you probably guessed the rest. I checked for several nights and never did see the lights come back on. After four days, I walked to the back edge of my property and stood against my own rear wall to get the best view possible. It became clear that there were no lights at all hung on the retaining wall. The wall was entirely bare with absolutely no decoration.
I don't know what I saw that night; it was pretty far away. From that distance I can only be certain that my eyes assumed I was looking at a group of people putting up Christmas lights. And I am absolutely positive that I was completely wide awake when I saw it." - 2charming

No comments: