Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving


There is so much to be thankful for this and every other year.As I wait for my oldest grandson to pick me up for a dinner with the family after he gets off work at Starbucks,I remember the Thanksgivings of my youth.Grandma cooking for two days on the wood stove.Grandpa chopping the wood and catching the turkey for the feast.Getting the canned vegetables from the smoke house and all the family coming.I am so thankful for my grandparents and growing up with them in the country.No electricity ot running water was not a pressing matter there.Working to raise the food and meat was.It helped me to be a stronger person.I do regret that I am not as involved in the day to day life of my grandchildren as they were in mine,though.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

2 comments:

Impossible Alice said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you have a wonderful day :) This time of year makes me miss being in the States!

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a good thanksgiving...lots of good times and food! Happy restful weekend.