Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Crystal Ball? Who Needs One.
The crystal ball showing events to come has long been an icon of telling fortunes.No movie witch or gypsy is without one.Did you ever look into one?What did you see?Just a crystal ball right?
The process of looking for and looking at images there is known as "scrying" and has been around for centuries.
Scrying comes from the English word descry meaning "to make out dimly" or "to reveal."
Not just the crystal ball may be used for this purpose.Remember seeing pictures of Nostradamus with a black bowl beside him?That is what he used.Heard of the game of "B;ack Mary" where teens look for a ghost in a mirror or the cultural specific seeking on the dawn of the New Year an image in the mirror of the man you will marry ? These are forms of scrying.
Among the objects that may be used for this purpose of seeing events of the future or those otherwise not physically observable are::
* Water or another liquid: this method is called hydromancy(.Used by Nostradamus.)
* Fire: this method is known as pyromancy.
* Air or atmospheric conditions: this method is known as aeromancy.
* Earth, soil or dirt: this method is known as geomancy
* Mirrors; this method is called catoptromancy, also known as captromancy,or mirror gazing.
* Psychomanteum, a room used for scrying usually using mirrors, water, or crystals.
How does it work?If you want to know more we can talk aboutt it later.